Post-Plasma Fibroblast Treatment Recommendations
- Do not get the treatment area wet for 48 hours and do not apply any cosmetic or cosmeceutical products on the treated area except the supplied healing product.
- A mild to intense sunburn-like sensation is anticipated. This usually resolves within 2-3 hours of treatment but may persist for up to 2 days. Application of CLEAN cold compress or an ice pack every hour for 5 to 10 minutes may be soothing and reduce swelling but is not
- Completely avoid sun exposure to treated areas for first 48
- On day 3, you should start applying a sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater daily to sun-exposed treated areas between treatments and for at least 4-6 weeks after treatment.
- Bath or shower as usual. Treated areas may be temperature sensitive. Avoid use of strongly scented lotions or soaps, prescription strength exfoliant creams, loofah sponges, and aggressive scrubbing to treated areas during healing phase
- Allow any blistered or open areas to heal without any intervention. If healing is delayed, a thin coating of antibiotic ointment may be advised. Do not pick at these areas. Picking may result in infection or scarring. Allow any crusting to heal without any intervention, crusting will resolve in 3 to 14 days. Application of antibiotic ointment is not recommended for crusting. Do not use exfoliants during this phase. Allow shedding to occur
Until redness and discomfort has completely resolved, avoid all the following:
- Applying cosmetics on treated areas (mineral makeup permitted after from Day 5)
- Swimming, Hot tubs and Jacuzzis
- Activities that cause excessive perspiration
- Avoid sun exposure to treated areas
- Do not pick, scratch or remove scabs as this will cause unwanted side effects
- Increased photosensitivity to UV can occur when taking certain medications. During your treatment plan, if you have commenced or changed dosage with the following medications, you must advise your clinician:
- Antibiotics – doxycycline (acne), minocycline, Tetracyclines, Sulphonamides
- Antihistamines – Diphenhydramone, Cyproheptadine
- Herbal preparations – St Johns wort, Gingko Biloba, citrus oils, Herbal HRT therapies
Taking these medications does not exclude you from plasma treatments; however, extra precautions are applicable in these cases.
Healing Process for Plasma treatments
- Immediately and shortly after treatment there may be some swelling and fluid retention, especially around the eyes. A CLEAN (wiped down with alcohol or wrapped in a freezer bag) DRY COLD COMPRESS can be used to mitigate this. DRY! DO NOT DAMPEN OR WET THE TREATMENT AREA.
- However, swelling is not a bad thing and is a natural part of the healing process, so don’t try to “treat” it with anything other than cold compress and only use that if you feel you really need
- The eye area is the most prone to swelling, so do expect it and allow yourself a full 24 hours to let this subside. Re-apply the healing product supplied – morning and night for first 2 days, every 4 hours, with clean fingers.
- This healing product can be used till the crusts fall off, if
Day 1 – 4:
- Especially in the eye area, swelling peaks upon waking, first thing in the morning. Over the course of the first 1-3 days, it is normal for the swelling to migrate down into the under eye area. This will subside generally through day 3 and be mostly normal by day
- The area will feel hot, like a sunburn for about the first 24 This is normal. The sensation should subside 24 – 48 hours.
- Treatment zones will feel tight both immediately post procedure and for the first 2 to 4
- You will likely experience the area feeling slightly itchy from about days 2-5. This is a normal part of the healing process. DO NOT ITCH OR SCRATCH THE DOTS. DO NOTHING TO ABRADE THEM IN ANY WAY. Can use Mediquattro (purchase from Chemist) to ease the
- No more pain or discomfort should be felt by Day
Beginning around day 5 the dots will begin to shed naturally, on their own, and this will continue possibly up to about day 10. LET THIS HAPPEN NATURALLY, DO NOTHING TO ABRADE THEM IN
ANY WAY. Use of Powder mineral makeup is permitted and encouraged from Day 3.
By day 10 your carbon dots should be gone and you can resume your body care, physical activity and makeup use as normal.
- IT IS IMPORTANT TO KEEP THE TREATED AREA PROTECTED FROM SUN EXPOSURE. So that means avoiding direct exposure, covering the area or sunblock for at least the 8
Week 2 – 4:
Treated areas slightly pink and could be slightly tender to the touch.
Weeks 5 – 8:
Continual improvement both in sensation, texture, look and feel. By week 8 the treated area will have completely blended with the untreated areas.
Reschedule appointment for next treatment
Should you have any questions or concerns about your treatment please contact us.