Fat Dissolve Before Care
You have the right to be informed about your skin condition and treatment so that you may make the decision whether or not to undergo the procedure after knowing the risks and hazards involved. This disclosure is to facilitate your informed consent for your treatment program.
What is Fat Dissolve used for? Fat dissovles uses the active ingredient Deoxycholic Acid to non-surgically reduce fat under the chin, resulting in a more contoured neck profile and jawline.
- If possible please arrive to your appointment with no makeup on the area to minimise the risk of infection.
- If you have a beard please shave the area prior to treatment
- You will not be suitable for treatment if you have an allergy to sodium hydroxide, dibasic sodium phosphate and/or sodium chloride.
- You will not be suitable for treatment if you have an infection in your chin or neck area where the product will be injected.
- Common side effects include bruising, pain, numbness, swelling, redness, tingling, formation of small areas of hardness, itching around the treatment area. These are mild or moderate side effects of the medicine and are short-lived, however, it is best not to have treatment within 2 weeks of any special events to ensure the area can settle.
- Uncommon side effects: trouble swallowing, an uneven smile, discolouration at the site of injection, ulcer (open sore) at the site of injection, taste disturbances.
- In the even of an allergic reaction you may experience Shortness of breath, wheezing or difficulty breathing, swelling of the face, lips, tongue or other parts of the body, rash, itching or hives on the skin. These side effects are very rare. Contact the clinic immediately or go to the Emergency department of your nearest hospital.
Should you have any further questions regarding your treatment, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0437 372 764