- Avoid lying down for 4 hours immediately after injection
- Keep the area clean and cool
- Avoid direct pressure, rubbing or manipulating the injection area
- Avoid strenuous activity for 24hours or excessive alcohol
- Avoid extreme temperatures eg saunas, excessive sun exposure or sub-zero
- Avoid having facial or skin treatments in conjunction e.g. dermabrasion, active
chemical peels or laser for some time, depending on the procedure and product used
- Apply moisturizer with care, using make-up only after 12hours
Post Reading Information
Anti Wrinkle Injections are a prescribed product used to weaken or relax muscles that
contribute to fine lines, wrinkles and unwanted facial expressions. It is also used in
several medical conditions such as excessive sweating, jaw clenching, chronic muscle
tension headaches, belpharospasm and many others.
As it is administered as an injection, it may result in minimal bleeding, temporary
bruising, redness and swelling in the area. In very rare cases the product can cause
temporary drooping of the eyelid or eyebrow which can last between 3-6 weeks.
It takes 3-5 days before the effects begin to show and usually last 3-5 months but this
period can be shorter or longer, after which time, further treatment is appropriate to
sustain this effect.
It is essential to follow to post treatment instructions to minimize the risk of an
Should you have any further questions regarding your treatment, please don’t hesitate to contact us on 0437 372 764