- Arrive 10-15 minutes early (if possible) for numbing cream to be applied
- Arrive with a clean face with no foundation (if possible) as this helps to minimise the risk of infection
- Avoid any anti-inflammatory, blood thinning medications or supplements two weeks prior to treatment (if possible) as this helps to minimise the risk of bruising. These include asprin, fish oil, vitamin E, ginkgo biloba, st. John’s Wort, ginseng, Ibuprofen, advil, and other NSAIDS.
- Avoid the consumption of alcohol 24 hours prior to treatment
- Ensure your appointment is a minimum of 2 weeks prior to any special event to allow bruising and treatment to settle.
- Please be aware that we are unable to treat if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
You have the right to be informed about your skin condition and treatment so that you may make the decision whether or not to undergo the procedure after knowing the risks and hazards involved. This disclosure is to facilitate your informed consent for your treatment program.
What is Botulinum Toxin Type A? Botulinum Toxin is made from bacterial protein, using a similar process as for the production of vaccinations.
How does Botulinum Toxin work? When small amounts are injected into or around the muscles, Botulinum Toxin causes relaxation or a reduction in movement of that particular muscle. It only treats lines that are present during facial expression (DYNAMIC LINES). Effects will be seen within 14 days and last 3-4 months. Smoking, exercise, metabolism, hormones, drrugs and alcohol are factors that can reduce the effects of Botulinum Toxin.
How is Botulinum Toxin used? Botulinum Toxin injections have been used for over three dcades in children and adults to improve the problem of muscle spasms. Our brand of Botulinum Toxin (Dysport) has been FDA & TGA approved for use in the glabellar complex, frown lines, crows feet, forehead lines, excessive sweating, eye twitching and other muscle spasm disorders.
Risks & Side effects:
Occasionally – slight swelling and/or bruising may last for several days after the injections.
Rarely – an adjacent muscle may be weakened for several days to weeks after the injection. This may cause a temporary dropping/ptosis which typically lasts 2-3 weeks.
Should you have any questions or concerns, we are always more than happy to help, so please contact us on 0437 372 764