Say bye-bye to oily/acneic skin with these products!
Before we get started with this weeks blog post, I would recommend seeing a qualified professional who knows what they’re talking about when it comes to your skin. Unfortunately, self diagnosis when you’re not sure what to look for can result in believing you have the wrong skin type! It’s a common misconception that if you have pimples you have oily skin, when this isn’t always the case, however, if you’re quite certain you have oily skin, here’s what you can do to help it using our Skinjex range that you can find here (and if this blog doesn’t help you choose products, email me and I’ll help personalise what’s right for you)!
- Double cleanse – (yes, cleanse once, then do it again!) with a quality cleanser, if your skin is just oily with maybe a few pimples here and there, I’d suggest Skinjex Vitamin A Pumpkin Cleanse, this will help regulate oil production and increase skin cell turnover so your pores are getting blocked and causing pimples, plus it’s anti-ageing, so that’s a bonus! If you have a fair few pimples, and even some nodules, or under the skin congestion (colourless bumps) try Skinjex Salicylic Cleanser, this works to eat away at dead skin, open pores and kill bacteria. Supermarket products are often full of low grade ingredients and products that might clear up your breakouts, but leave you with an impaired skin barrier that is detrimental to your skin in the long run.
- Exfoliate – this is an important phase in skin health, however, it can also be detrimental if you OVER exfoliate! Do not exfoliate every day! This will cause your skin to think it’s being attacked, so it will thicken, making it even harder for trapped debris to get out, causing your skin to become even worse! Once every 3 days is all that’s needed! Skinjex Lactic Microderm Exfoliant is a dual action exfoliant with encapsulated jojoba beads to provide a mechanical exfoliation and Lactic Acid which provides a chemical exfoliation. Another product we have is the Refining Facial Peel, now this product turns a lot of people off for a few reasons, it looks like orange baby poo or something someone whipped up in their kitchen and slopped in a jar, (it’s not, it’s made in a lab) but it is also a leave on mask, so that can put people off too, that being said, it’s an amazing product, I like to use it once a week on a Sunday night, and it’s incredible, it’s an enzyme peel, so it breaks down the ‘glue’ that holds dead skin together. A fantastic addition to any skincare routine!
- Serums – The new holy grail in skin care, serums or boosters can take your skin care regime to the next level! With so many different options, you can pick and choose one, or many depending on what you want to target, even better you can LAYER them!! My favourites for oily skin are: Pro-B5 to restore skin health in oily skins, Azelaic Illuminating treatment booster to reduce purple/red scarring and Clarifying Gel for especially difficult skins
- Moisturise – WHAT? I can hear some of you saying. Yes that’s right! So many people with oily skin don’t moisturise and you’re just making your skin even oilier by not doing it! When you cleanse and remove the skins natural oils, by not moisturising your skin then produces even MORE oil to compensate for the dryness! So, if you’re looking for a super lightweight moisturiser that’s mattifying as well, look no further than Skinjex Botanical Hydragel, for a little more luxury if you’re not super oily, you can try Phyto-C Polypeptide Cream.
- Spot treatment – for those persistent pimples, or pesky pimp daddies that show up the night before an event, try Skinjex Instant Spot Treatment, this bad boy works wonders, and fast!
And so there you have it, my recommendations for products for oily/acneic skins. I have long suffered from hormonal conditions which wreaked havoc on my skin, professional skincare cost me a small fortune, so, when the opportunity presented itself, we created the Skinjex range and priced it as low as we could. For the quality of the products, the price is unbeatable and of course not tested on animals!! So I wish you all the best on your journey to good skin health!! Would love to hear your thoughts and testimonials, so don’t forget to comment below, and let me know what else you’d like to know about
Thanks for reading! Xx